Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tuesday Troubles


1.  Winter is here
and by Winter I mean it's 46 and sleeted for a hot sec
2.  Ankle, still bruised and sore 
8 miles on the schedule today that are probably not going to happen 
3.  TUESDAYS 
what I can say, we just do not get along
But I'm pretty tired of being a Debbie Downer SO 
Things could be A LOT worse, so here's a few things I should be/am thankful for this Tuesday
  • Commuting from my parents house means I don't have to walk 3 miles to and from the PATH on a bum ankle
  • If I can't run at least it's on a SUPER gross day 
  • I have a STACK of Disney DVD's from Christmas to distract me and make me smile
  • Instead of throwing a tantrum, WebMDing myself into a meltdown or just running anyway "because it doesn't hurt THAT bad" - I went to the doctor for some professional advice and found out Doc has some SERIOUS taping skills
    I feel like the Terminator just kicking back in my couch fort
  • A little perspective from Andrea Duke
  • Today is my Friday - no more work for 2015! 
Not gonna lie I'm still really upset about my ankle and it's pretty much constantly in the back of my mind. But it happened, it's happened before, and let's be honest it will happen again. If I'm going to be a runner at some point I will have to accept that this shit comes with the territory, why not start now?

Your Turn!
Are you a Debbie Downer or a Pollyanna?
If you're a Pollyanna will you teach me your skills?

How you do deal with running injuries and setbacks?

Can anyone beat Doc in the kinesio tape department?

No comments:

Post a Comment